Who doesn’t want to look good while working? With added feature of being easy put on and take off, pull-on work boots offer more than protection, durability, and comfort now for those who work in heavy duty jobs thanks to its ruggedly good looking design.
If you are working in a particular work field that requires maximum protection, there are very handsome options in the market that will certainly confuse your mind. With this in mind, we have compiled a list of 10 best pull on work boots in order to make your shopping experience much easier.
You can be sure that all the best pull-on work boots we have gathered in the list are made for extreme working conditions and provide comfort and ease of use.
Ready? Let’s go.
Buying Guide Best Pull On Work Boots
There are important criteria to take into consideration before buying your pair of pull-on work boots such as purpose or intended use. Let’s have a look at them before you have come to a decision eventually.
The main objective of pull-on boots is to protect your feet and how they serve this purpose changes with each design. For reliable wear, these boots are constructed from either full-grain leather or partial leather.
Regardless of the work you do, it is important to choose pull-on work boots that have superior stitching in order to get the most protection. Steel toes also prevent injuries while thick outer soles offer protection from penetrating sharp objects.
Some heavy-duty jobs require standing for hours resulting your feet ache and sweat at the end of the day. It is a known factor that when your feet hurts, your whole body hurts as well, affecting your working performance negatively.
Therefore, it is important to choose a comfortable pull-on work boots to make the best of your performance while working. Our list are chosen with this perspective in mind.
Choosing pull-on work boots that are as tough as you are should be your motto while shopping. A high level of durability is a very good investment when you take into consideration how often you will be wearing your boots. Otherwise, you will be throwing away your hard-earned money if you ever settle for the second best. At the end of the day, you are buying your pull-on work boots to work efficiently and make more money.
Quality of Materials
Mismatched outer soles, stitching, and sloppy seaming are red flags when it comes to the quality of materials used during manufacture. If you see any protrusions on the seams inside your boots, this is not a good sign, either. They should be smooth for maximum efficiency as well as comfort. Last but not the least, the leather should be high-grade repel dirt and moisture for durability.
Top 10 Best Pull On Work Boots
With all the necessary comfort features as well as steady and lightweight configuration, Ariat offers one of the best pull-on work boots in the market. Made out of premium cowhide, these boots offer impermeable hindrance as a result of an expert manufacturing technique. The soles have an excellent grip and traction making them suitable to wear even on greasy or oily surfaces.
We also love the innovative backings giving support and cushioning Arial pull-on work boots making them super comfortable to be able to be worn all day long.
- These lightweight shoes enable a person to wear them for as long as needed, without any discomfort.
- These shoes are 100% made of leather. They are fashioned specifically in a way so that no water or any other fluid can penetrate through the thick leather, thus making them completely waterproof.
- The rubber soles provide a firm grip even on the surfaces which have less friction, thus a perfect fit when working outdoors.
- The wide boot-opening allows a person to easily get into the shoes, without an uphill struggle.
- This boot comes in various colours and designs.
- Some might rightfully say that the boots are a tad bit overpriced.
- When used often, the color of the boots tends to wear off at a rapid pace, thus giving a dull look.
- When used a bit roughly, the tread is known to be separated from the shoe, thus no longer having the luxury of being waterproof.
- The interior of the boot-opening is quite rough, as it ultimately chafes one’s calves.
- The toe area tends to have a lot of room after putting on the boots, thus becoming a source of discomfort.
Timberland offers yet another high-quality product in the market, proving its brand value once again. These pull-on work boots have a rugged aesthetic with premium waterproof leather and membrane to ensure that your feet will be dry and comfortable even in the heaviest duty work environments.
While the antimicrobial cover offers odor control for those who are sensitive about how they feet smell, the anti-fatigue technology makes these boots comfortable by cushioning and absorbing all shocks.
- These boots come with anti-fatigue technology, enabling a person to work for longer periods.
- The anti-fatigue technology soaks up shock, and in turn, generates energy for the feet while walking.
- To further strengthen the comfort factor, these boots are loaded with Mesh Lining.
- They are also lined with Agion Antimicrobial aroma control for people who are extremely reactive to the odour of their feet.
- The exterior of the boots is extremely hard, thus preventing the water from penetrating the shoes.
- On uneven surfaces, these boots aren’t of much help. They don’t provide adequate support necessary for the feet, due to which they are subjected to discomfort and pain.
- Getting in these pair of boots is a daunting task, getting out of them is no different. The wide, yet rough opening of the boots prove to be a hurdle in the utilization of the shoes.
- In some boots, the sole starts to peel and thus leaves the shoes prone to water.
- There sometimes appear to be an issue in the sizing of these boots as seem to be way off from the standard sizing.
- The inner sole tends to become soft and erodes after a while.
Users go wild with their reviews for these pull-on work boots and simply 4 out 5 highly recommend Irish Setter. Insulating your feet from water and other liquids, these boots can survive under any condition thanks to the slip-on waterproof technology.
They are made from full grain leather implemented with a welt, which is directly attached. One of the most durable work boots on the market, Irish Setter gives excellent pulling on slippery grounds.
- One of the most durable products in the market, these Timberland shoes are made of 100% waterproof leather.
- These lightweight shoes come with an extra layer of leather, guaranteeing the dryness of the feet when the working situations are rough.
- The rubber sole provides firm traction on the surfaces where the friction is less.
- A thick layer of outer sole is incorporated so that the consumer is immune to the electrical hazards if the feet come in contact with heavy electrically operated machinery.
- The thick heel and the dense frontal platform prove to be extremely beneficial when treading along uneven surfaces.
- The outer sole tends to come off after routinely wearing the boots on an uneven surface.
- If not maintained frequently, the surface of the boots starts to peel.
- They don’t look good on people with skinny calves.
- The shape of the shoes makes it quite difficult to put them on.
- These shoes prove to be a nightmare for people having high arch feet. Such people are prone to discomfort and pain while wearing these shoes.
Justin Original pull-on work boots stand out among its competitors due to its handmade gaucho calfskin, which offers exceptional ease of use while keeping your feet warm.
The elastic rubber makes it impossible to slip while Norwegian storm welt, which was sewed twice gives durability to these boots. There is also a removable gel insole board with a cushioning effect for your ultimate comfort.
- Justin Original Pull-on Work Boots are composed of leather obtained from calfskin.
- Their owner would have the privilege of possessing a product that was made in the USA and is imported throughout the world.
- The deep leg opening makes it quite easy to wear them.
- A Dri-lex lining enhances the quality of the shoes, hence, they are completely water and oil-resistant.
- They come with a completely removable insole, thus providing the luxury of adjustable sizes.
- People with wide feet might have difficulty in putting the boots on.
- They tend to open up after being worn for a while, thus they become loose.
- The size of these boots appears to be different from the standard sizes. Extreme caution is recommended while buying them.
- These boots are more expensive than they are worth.
- The large size of the shoes gives rise to blisters on the foot.
You simply cannot go wrong with the Caterpillar Revolver due to its high quality features like durability, protective long length, and full grain cowhide leather.
Many workers trust these pull-on work boots during heavy shifts in harsh environments. Manufactured from durable and comfortable genuine leather, the uppers make these boots only stronger. We should also mention the protective steel toe that protects your feet from falling objects and compression hazards.
- Durability, long length and thick cowhide leather are the salient features of these Caterpillar Work Boots.
- Dual side tabs are incorporated in these boots, thus wearing them and taking them off is a piece of cake.
- The sturdy outer sole offers tractions, making it impossible to slip on low friction surfaces.
- The inner sole provides comfort and thus enables the wearer to wear them for a prolonged period.
- The steel shanks prove to be quite fruitful as they provide further support to the consumer.
- They are designed in a way that they let the water through, despite being composed of thick leather.
- These Caterpillar shoes are quite narrow, not suitable for people with wide feet.
- It has been brought to light that the outer sole of the shoes tends to separate when worn on rough surfaces.
- The boot tends to lose its smooth exterior, and scuff marks appear when worn in extreme conditions.
- It has also been noticed that fake leather sewn into the back of the boots breaks apart and leaves one prone to injury.
If you are working in an industrial, construction, and engineering environment, LaCrosse are the ideal boots for you as they are meeting the safety standards of these work places.
There is a 4 layer EVA foot bed that makes these boots extra comfortable. The high-quality leather upper is also there as well as the rubber soles that give good balance sustainability. They are ant slippery and also 100% waterproof.
- LaCrosse Quad Comfort Wellington Pull-On Work Boots are quite comfortable, as the name suggests.
- They provide the utmost protection to the wearer due to their sturdy outsole.
- They are a hundred percent waterproof and provide sanctuary from water even when it is at ankle level.
- The tread of the shoe is utterly slip-resistant to oil on any other greasy liquid.
- A Nylon shank is incorporated in the shoes, thus further enhancing the comfort factor.
- The inside lining of the boots comes apart when used regularly.
- The boot appears to be quite roomy, thus it loosens up after wearing for a while.
- The stitching of the boot starts to unravel after a few months of use.
- The toe of the boot is quite large; thus, the foot is prone to sliding while walking.
- It has been noticed that the inner sole of the boot begins to unglue after rough use of shoes.
We love Dr. Marten that provides protection with a steel toe as well as a cushioned and breathable comfort to whoever is wearing them. The water-resistant full grain leather is there, supporting you all day long under any weather condition.
The slip resistant feature supports you on oil, alkali, and petrol surfaces, preventing possible ankle injuries. They are also available in neutral colors.
- Martens Heavy Industry Work Boots are comparatively cheaper than the rest of the boots.
- They tread of the boots is composed of synthetic materials, thus further strengthening the outer sole.
- The boot has an opening of about 15 inches; thus, it is quite easier to slip into them.
- A steel toe cap is incorporated in the boots and they come with a slip-resistant sole.
- The hard tread protects from getting electrocuted if the wearer accidentally comes in contact with electricity.
- Due to its unique design, it’s quite difficult to get the ideal size for yourself when buying these boots.
- The edges of the opening are quite rough and constantly chafe one’s calves.
- Although they seem to be waterproof, they aren’t.
- After a few days of vigorous use, the frontal leather comes off completely, and the comfortable steel toe cap is visible.
- Their life expectancy is quite short when used regularly. The general wear and tear occur quite quickly.
If you are working in dirty, wet, and muddy terrain, Tingley will be one of the best in the market to wear as they can be extended to fit over your regular footwear. These boots are made of abrasion-resistant material creating a fantastic tread for durability and footing.
- These boots are a perfect blend of good quality and low price.
- They are made up of stretchable rubber, which is suitable for working in places that are muddy, wet, and dirty.
- They are a hundred percent waterproof and are easily washable.
- Their tread is perfect for usage in places where there is very little traction.
- It’s quite easy to get into these boots due to their wide opening. In addition to that, they come with a fold-over snap button that enables the edges of the boots to firmly grasp one’s calves, thus proving to be a perfect fit for the wearer.
- The inner lining of the boots tends to be a hurdle for few when sliding them on, as the rubber can lead to friction.
- There appears to be an issue with the sizes of the shoe, as that can lead to unhappy customers.
- People who’ve got wider feet might have difficulty in putting them on.
- Constant rough use might lead to the boots becoming porous, thus losing their waterproofness.
- In addition to that, the tread tends to lose its traction after using the boots for a while.
Ariat is no joke and the last product we would like to recommend in our list. Backed by decades of the brand’s revolutionary innovation, these pull-on boots are the embodiment of durability, comfort, and performance.
- These boots are the definition of high durability.
- They are composed of a hundred percent full-grain leather that is quite strong and sturdy.
- They are utterly oil-resistant and come with an anti-slip tread.
- The opening of the boots is quite wide, thus making it easier for the person to slip into them.
- The mesh lining incorporated in the boots enables the flow of air through them, thus they are extremely ventilated. In addition to that, they have a removable rubber sole, thus the size of the boots is easily adjustable.
- These boots are susceptible to water or any other fluid penetrating them due to their small frontal platform.
- They aren’t very comfortable and can lead to discomfort and pain in the wearer’s feet.
- The absence of a steel toe in them leaves the consumer prone to accidents.
- Sometimes, the sole tends to separate from the boots, thus they become quite slippery and extremely dangerous.
- The hard inner sole of the boots can sometimes lead to blisters on the heel of the wearer.
You will be kept sturdy and safe thanks to boots by Carhartt, one of the most trusted brands in the market. The steel toe comes with an aggressive tread and waterproof protection while the lightweight textile shaft fits perfectly.
- These Carhartt Wellington Work Boots are fashioned in a way to provide the utmost comfort to its consumers.
- They consist of a waterproof membrane that keeps the feet dry when working on wet surfaces.
- In addition to that, the flexible rubber sole includes self-cleaning lugs and is immune to slipping.
- The hard exterior is explicitly designed to withstand harsh weather conditions.
- These boots come with a five-layered, oil-tanned leather that is resistant to neoprene and abrasion.
- These boots appear to be quite stiff to some people, getting into them becomes a daunting task due to their hard exterior.
- After some time, the insole starts to wear off; thus, the for immediate change for the insole rises.
- If not properly taken care of, the boots begin to stink, giving off a hideous smell.
- The comfortable yet hard interior of the boots can lead to considerable pain.
- Climbing or treading on an uneven surface proves to be quite difficult when wearing these boots.
Steel toes vs. Composite toes?
There isn’t an exact answer to this question, only differences between the two.
Steel toes are made from hardened metal or steel as the name suggests. They can protect your feet from several crushing injuries except for electrical shock hazards.
Composite toes however are made from Kevlar or a combination of materials like steel-toe work boots. In terms of price, they are more expensive and also more comfortable.
What is the difference between waterproof and water-resistant?
A lot of the time, these terms are used interchangeably, however there are significant differences between the two. Water-resistant means resisting water like sprays or rain. Water-resistant products should not be submerged fully in water. Waterproof devices on the other hand, are designed for the opposite purpose and they can work safely even submerged fully in water.
How do I decide which pull-on work boot is right for me?
It depends on the nature of your job. If your job has a specific hazard potential, then you should choose accordingly among several types of boots for mechanics, firefighting, or police officers.
Is it normal for pull-on boots to be tight in the middle?
Yes, you might feel a bit a snug or tight in the middle, and it is quiet normal. After a short break-in period, this feeling will go away and your boots will loosen up.
How long should a new pair last?
It depends on how well you take care of them as well as the description of your job. Using a sealer weekly to leather will help your boots keep their shape and increase their longevity.
Designed to keep your feet dry and comfortable while protecting them, pull-on work boots come in several designs and features. We hope with our list of 10 best pull on work boots, you will be able to decide more easily now that you are simply an expert on pull-on work boots after reading our article.
Read More: Best Socks for Work Boots